7 ideas for Be Kind to Animals Week 2017
Be Kind to Animals Week began as an initiative of American Humane back in 1915 as a way for people to show their compassion for animals. In Australia, we celebrate Be Kind to Animals Week from October 1st to 7th which coincides with World Animal Day on October 4th. The week is a reminder that we should be kind to animals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days each year and is a good time to stop and think of the little things that you can do to be kind to animals every day.
Here at Second Chance Animal Rescue we wanted to give you 7 ideas to Be Kind to Animals this week:
- Help a homeless pet in need: Sign up for a monthly donation to Second Chance Animal Rescue to ensure we can continue saving lives each month.
- Support our native birds: Install a bird bath in your backyard to ensure that birds have plenty of access to water as the weather heats up
- Show your pet some extra love: Take your dog for an extra-long walk this week, give them a special treat or buy your cat a new toy, remind them that you love them
- Volunteer or Foster: offer your support to Second Chance Animal Rescue as a volunteer or foster carer; this helps more than you think it does!
- Get creative: make some fun dog or cat toys
- for your pets and a couple extra for the shelter too!
- Share: make sure all your friends know about the organisations you support and like them too, and
- Choose cruelty free products: be a conscious consumer and reduce your impact on animals across the world!
These are just a few of our suggestions, why not head over to the Second Chance Animal Rescue Facebook page and add some more?