Enriching the lives of companion animals by reducing overpopulation, increasing adoptions and engaging the hearts, hands and minds of the community.
To be an outstanding animal welfare organisation in caring for homeless and unwanted dogs and cats and in enhancing the responsible ownership of these animals in the community. We look forward to a society that no longer views adoptable companion animals as a disposable commodity and where all companion animals have a loving home where they are treated with compassion and respect.
We will fulfil this mission by performing the following functions:
- Providing optimal services to maximise pet adoptions for sick, injured, abused and abandoned adoptable companion animals.
- Reducing overpopulation of cats and dogs via desexing programs within our community.
- Providing education and resources to the public in all aspects of responsible pet ownership.
- Employing passionate staff and providing them with training opportunities and professional development to advance their skills and careers in an equal opportunity work environment.
- Promoting public awareness of Second Chance Animal Rescue Inc., our Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Providing a quality and professional service to all clients, customers and requests for services from the public.
- Cooperating and liaising with like-minded animal welfare organisations.
- Fostering a safe, healthy and environmentally sustainable workplace for the public, our staff and the animals in our care.
- Managing our financial resources effectively and with transparency such that we continue to be financially viable.