This document sets out the terms of participation in the Second Chance Animal Rescue Photography Competition (the “Competition”).
1. The promoter of this Competition is Second Chance Animal Rescue, 88630395653
2. Entry to the Competition is open to all. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or an organisation. Persons under 18 years of age must also have prior consent to enter the competition from a Parent or Guardian and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Please note that all winners will be contacted by email and asked to submit a release form;
3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter’s website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions
4. Entry into the Competition is $10 or donation of entrants choice.
5. All entrants must be residents of Australia.
6. The Competition entries opens at 10:00am on August 1 2018 and closes at 8.00pm on Wednesday 31 October, 2018.Voting period is open the General public from November 1st to November 16th (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
7. To enter the Competition, you must: (i) upload an image of your pet that you own the rights to and (ii) complete the form fields in the Application (Entry) and (iii) pay a fee of $10 or donation of your choice
8. Valid details must be entered in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
9. Each entry must include your name, email address, contact phone number, photo caption, state, select a category of entry, and agreement to the terms and conditions or it will be deemed invalid.
10. You may the enter the Competition once per pet.
11. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
12. By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your entry and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time. Entrants grant the Promoter permission (which Entrants understand cannot be retracted) to use their entry in any form across any media, including online and on social media, in order to conduct and promote SCAR.
13. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter the non-exclusive right to communicate your entry in whole or in part to the public throughout the world on any media platform and you grant to the Promoter all associated rights necessary to exercise the above rights.
14. Each winner entrant whose entry is judged by the public will win a prize per category. The categories judged by the public include: Puppy, Dog, senior dog, kitten, cat, senior cat, other pets.
15. The prize per category is as follows: 15 kg of cat or dog food supplied by Hill's Pet Nutrition (Cat and dog categories only), A SCAR goodie bag featuring KeepCup, Tote bag and bumper sticker, and a professional photoshoot for images which will be yours to keep as well as used in advertising for the SCAR Community Animal Hospital.
13. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation
14. All other costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any travel, spending money, meals, additional accommodation, insurance and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
15. Dates for notifying winners are as follows:
- winners will be notified on November 21 via email or phone call
16. The Promoter will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage caused, or suffered by the winner in relation to any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit
17. The winner must claim the prize within two weeks of being notified that you have won. Failure to claim the prize within two weeks will result in a redraw and you will not be entitled to any supplementary prize or benefit.
18. You warrant that:(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;(ii) you have all necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;(iii) your entry is your original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;(iv) the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
19. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
20. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
21. Decisions of the Promoter will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the Major Prize Winners will be published on our Facebook Page and on our website by November 30, 2018. Please allow at least 14 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
22. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
When you submit an entry, SCAR collects your name, postal code, phone number and your email address. Your details are kept private and only used for the purpose of contacting you, should you be the winner in this competition. SCAR will not contact you unless in relation to this competition if you have opted out of receiving the the SCAR e-newsletter.