WE ARE For rescuing & rehoming.
WE ARE For safe refuge.
WE ARE For affordable vet care.
WE ARE For supporting our community...
WE ARE SCAR.
Will you join our lifesaving team?
- Part Time
- Posted February 2024
Who We Are:
Second Chance Animal Rescue (SCAR) is a community-focused animal welfare charity that is committed to achieving our mission to enrich the lives of companion animals by reducing overpopulation, increasing adoptions, and engaging the hearts, hands, and minds of the community.
The SCAR Community Animal Hospital provides low-cost veterinary care to community pets and to the homeless animals within our on-site animal shelter. We run proactive community outreach programs aimed at keeping pets in homes with the owners who love them, including but not limited to mass subsidised cat desexing events, subsidised and very low-cost care to at-risk patients, and emergency boarding. At SCAR, we understand that pets are an integral part of any family, and we ensure we treat every animal that comes through our doors as if they were our own.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking a proactive, confident, and experienced Practice Manager who can manage, support, and help grow our established clinic and inspire confidence in our employees. The Practice Manager will work closely with our veterinary team and CEO to achieve clinical and business success. This opportunity will suit an individual that enjoys contributing to the success of others by sharing their own knowledge and expertise.
- Support the team in executing the day-to-day operations to maximise efficiency and a smooth workflow
- Bookkeeping: coordinating accounts, managing budgets and expenses
- Administration: correspondence with suppliers, managing stock levels, medical supplies and consumables
- Ensuring the overall client experience is excellent
- Staffing: rostering, leave entitlements, staff development and HR processes and procedures
- Implementation and maintenance of high standards of care
- Promoting and upholding SCAR’s vision and values
- Leading the team and maintaining a positive workplace culture
- Problem-solving and learning from any issues that may arise
- Creating and implementing local marketing initiatives
- Creating and implementing community pet programs
- Work closely with the management team to review and achieve targets
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Have:
- Proven business management and team leadership experience. A Cert IV in Business is desirable but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and time management skills with an ability to work to deadlines
- Able to delegate to and empower staff
- Experience in the Veterinary industry will be highly regarded, but proven ability to ensure an excellent client experience in a previous management role is essential
What's On Offer:
- A stable and permanent opportunity
- Flexible working hours (school friendly hours also available)
- Work/life balance is incredibly important to us
- Staff discounts on products and services
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Being a part of a passionate and dedicated team
- Opportunity for you to make your mark and a difference in the lives of those (both animals and people) who need it most
If you have the drive and experience and would love the opportunity to shine as a leader in our organisation, we want to hear from you!
Click the Apply Button below, to send us your resume & cover letter today!
We can't wait to hear from you!