WE ARE For rescuing & rehoming.
WE ARE For safe refuge.
WE ARE For affordable vet care.
WE ARE For supporting our community...
WE ARE SCAR.
Will you join our lifesaving team?
- Part Time
- Posted February 2024
Who We Are:
Be part of an organisation that is making a real difference in the lives of animals and the people who care for them!
Our team at the SCAR Community Animal Hospital are on the lookout for a fully qualified, like-minded and experienced Veterinary Nurse to join us on our exciting journey. Our nurses are an integral part of our hospital and are taught and encouraged to use their entire skill set on a daily basis.
Your Responsibilities Will Include, But Not Be Limited To:
- General Nursing tasks including pre- and post-operative patient care, pathology, radiology, care of medical and surgical cases, as well as emergency cases
- Surgical preparation including blood collections, calculating & administering pre-medications, placing intravenous catheters, inducing anaesthetic, intubating patients etc
- Surgical nursing including patient & equipment preparation, anaesthesia monitoring, recovery & care of surgical instruments & equipment
- Laboratory nursing, including in-house blood & urine testing
- Assist vets with surgery, examinations, consultations, and treatments
- Perform routine diagnostic medical and laboratory tests
- Excellent animal and client care standards
- Reception tasks including greeting clients, booking appointments, answering phones and parasite prevention advice
The Ideal Applicant Will Have:
- Minimum of 2 years working as a Veterinary Nurse
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach to your work
- Ability to work well both alone and within a team
- Excellent multitasking skills and ability to complete set tasks
- Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills
- A sense of humour and a great attitude!
This is part-time with no weekend or public holiday work.
We are a fast-paced practice with a great team culture, and we are looking for the right person that will fit into our dynamic team.
Organisational induction and ongoing training are available to support personal and career development.
If you are seeking a rewarding role and believe that you have what we are looking for, we want to hear from you!
Click the Apply Button below, to send us your resume & cover letter today!
We can't wait to hear from you!