WE ARE For rescuing & rehoming.
WE ARE For safe refuge.
WE ARE For affordable vet care.
WE ARE For supporting our community...
WE ARE SCAR.
Will you join our lifesaving team?
- Part Time
- Posted February 2024
Who We Are:
Second Chance Animal Rescue (SCAR) is a community-focused animal welfare charity in Craigieburn that is committed to achieving our mission to enrich the lives of companion animals by reducing overpopulation, increasing adoptions, and engaging the hearts, hands and minds of the community. We are currently seeking another dedicated, like-minded veterinarian to join us on our exciting journey.
We are seeking a passionate veterinarian whose core values align with ours – “Inspire, Teamwork, Leadership, Compassion, Respect and Excellence”
We have a part-time position available (no weekend or public holiday work). In this role, you will be closely involved with the development of SCAR as we grow, and you will play a key role in improving and expanding the vital support programs we provide to our community.
You will be working with both the hospital team and the shelter team, to provide health care for privately owned, community outreach and sheltered animals. Our ideal candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of providing high quality, low-cost care to much loved pets in our community.
This role is flexible, and we will work around your hours of availability, as best as possible.
What We Offer:
- Fun and exciting work environment, things are never boring here
- Work amongst supportive and knowledgeable team members
- We have a strong emphasis on work/life balance
- All staff have access to our Employee Assistance Program
- We provide in-depth induction and ongoing training to support your ongoing personal and career development
- Family-friendly practice if you already have / want to have kids
Skills & Experience
- Full unrestricted Australian work rights
- At least 2 years’ experience as a qualified veterinarian
- Experience working closely within a team as well as being comfortable working autonomously
- Strong general surgery skills
- Preferably good behaviour medication and modification knowledge
- A genuine passion for sharing your knowledge and the education of other staff
- Sound emotional maturity and a demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
If you possess the skills, experience, passion, & dedication to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you!
Click the Apply Button below, to send us your resume & cover letter today!
We can't wait to hear from you!