Stopping the cycle of animal homelessness by enriching the lives of companion animals and their owners, reducing overpopulation, increasing adoptions and engaging the hearts, hands and minds of the community.
Creating a positive, cohesive community where animal owners are supported, connected and able to care for their pets without fear of financial hardship.
Second Chance Animal Rescue is committed to being an outstanding animal welfare organisation in caring for homeless and unwanted dogs and cats and in enhancing the responsible ownership of these animals in the community. We look forward to a society that no longer views adoptable companion animals as a disposable commodity and where all companion animals have a loving home where they are treated with compassion and respect.
Here are some of the ways we approach our vision:
- Providing optimal services to maximise pet adoptions for homeless abandoned adoptable companion animals;
- Working with other rescue and animal welfare partners as well as multiple community business and organisations to find loving homes for homeless animals;
- Providing education and resources to the public in all aspects of responsible pet ownership;
- Reducing overpopulation of cats and dogs via de-sexing programs, vaccinations and other low cost veterinary services within our community;
- Encouraging volunteers and donors to assist in our mission.